sup y’all? not that i’m promising to update you each day or anything, but… here i am in austin and the first day of austin city limits is over and i’m wide awake, sitting here at adrianne’s. first music festival i’m not camping at. so nice to come home to an actual enclosed place with a/c and pillows and a bed and a shower and and and… too many great things to mention.
we got to the great republic of texas yesterday… i actually flew into san antonio around lunch and had to kill some time before ryan and shaniah flew in… got an awesome prius hybid rental (!!!love!!!), drove downtown, saw The Alamo (in San Antonio? who knew?!), did the River Walk thing… ended up sitting and finishing The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (sooo good) and drank coffee (of course) then made my way back to the airport so we could get on the road to austin.
only took us maybe an hour twenty to make it to austin… we went to dinner and then to a bar with A and some of her friends. pretty nice town, this austin! i can totally see the appeal of living here. so many fun places to go and things to do. love it already. so we got up today and ate breakfast at an awesome place called kerbey lane cafe that had (!!!!) pumpkin pancakes (yum yummm yummmmmmmm!) and a bunch of other awesome stuff and then we took off for acl.
- we thought we’d be awesome and go see The Verve Pipe even though they were playing the kiddie stage… thought for sure they’d play “the freshmen.” nope, we lose.
- Blues Traveler awesome like they were at bonnaroo… love their cover of radiohead‘s “creep.”
- Miike Snow i’d only heard a few of his songs before today but i’m totally a fan now. so much fun. and, like S said, a little like Passion Pit! oh, and he had cutie Ezra Koenig come on stage to do a live remix of “kids don’t stand a chance.” yay!
- The Black Keys really great but super crowded and hot out on the lawn. happy to see them again so soon!
- Beach House i’ve been looking forward to seeing them, and they didn’t disappoint… i like them a LOT. i’d warned R & S it was pretty chill-tastic like The XX, but they chilled right on through it (mad props) while i was dancing in my own little world as usual
- Slightly Stoopid we passed up seeing Spoon for the gazillionth time this year to try something new. fun show, plus gave us easy access to the food area and the bathrooms for a little break…! way-too-spicy fish tacos and Imperial (costa rican beer).
- Vampire Weekend favorite favorite favorite!!!! you know i love those boys. great show, as always, but the contra girl wasn’t the background this time because of the lawsuit.
- The Strokes seemed really fun even though we were pretty far back and couldn’t see anything.
- Phish yay! finally! never seen them before and they were so much fun. we caught the last hour, after The Strokes, but it was awesome and i want to see them again. S liked them too!
and now, here we are, back at home, after the long trip back to the car and a stop at walgreens. maybe i’ll get tired here soon and get some sleep. S is off in search of a breathing treatment. i’m just watchin tv. already watched the end of Something’s Gotta Give (favorite!) and now i’m watching The Lost Boys (first time ever). so yeah! perhaps another update tomorrow? we’ll see!